Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dear Public Email Account Holders: Control of information is critical to the abuse of power.


From: Jaime Kenedeno

To: ctines@delmar.edu, sjohnson@delmar.edu, sfoy@nueces.esc2.net
Cc: ariverajr@swbell.net, mikewest@delmar.edu
Date: Sep 14, 2006 6:01 PM
Subject: Dear Public Email Account Holders

The esc2.net and the delmar.edu email accounts are paid for by the Taxpayers of Nueces County and DMC taxing districts. Kenedeno & Associates will not be intimidated by bullies and egotistical power mongers. The emails will continue. It is our right to petition these email addresses as we are not advertising products nor are we seeking monetary benefit from the email engagement. We are informing and engaging the individuals who work for the government entities where we will affect change. If you don't appreciate our informative emails, simply delete without reading. That is WATT most people who dont have an adversarial relationship with the sender will do. If you dont like a radio show or TV show you change the channel. So be it, delete the email if you choose. I urge all of you guys who object; by all means, file a formal complaint. That is all DMC needs is more litigation. Please forward the emails to Mr Westergren and Augie Rivera. Keep in mind these email accounts are not YOUR personal accounts.




<<<<<>>>>>

FYI
When I first came under attack at Del Mar College back in 1999 I think. The plan was to replace me by hiring a Coordinator of Performing Arts Activity under the Music Department. Minutes after the job description was posted in the Music building custodians who I counted as my friends brought me word or a copy. This new position"s job description was basically my job description minus the technical and labor aspects. Experience could be that the applicant was a musician with a BS or masters. Experience running an auditorium was not required. I later learned that the plan was that I would be directed to teach this individual my job to be my boss. Email was relatively new and I was the first employee on campus to see the potential and use the email to inform others of what was going on. This caused quite a stir because it turned out that their were procedures and hoops department chairs had to go through to get funding for new positions etc. Those procedures were not followed in my case. By getting out the information and than requesting documents under FOI, I embarrassed the than Dicianna/Armenta administration into backing down. As a result of my emails which pointed out the Music Departments Chair involvement, the Music Chair who is no longer at Del Mar wrote a secret email that I acquired under FOI that he and Linda Ard (early childhood center) and Music department employees were afraid that I was going to go postal. I informed Dr. Dicianna that I was aware of this email and questioned why if he had been informed of an employee's potential to go postal I wasn't offered counseling and no investigation appeared to have taken place. I stated that I had been wronged. Dicianna wrote me back that if I thought I had been wronged I should file a grievance. That is when I began filing grievance's and reporting the safety issues to the state to acquire whistleblower protection. It bought me four or five more years of employment. They never pointed to my emails as a reason for not renewing my contract although I have no doubt it played a major role.
I did get a lot of flack from a handful of faculty asking me to eliminate than from my emails. I didn't want to get trapped into accusations that I violated some DMC Policy concerning the email system. I made several inquires to the IT department asking them if I could edit my DMCALL. It took a long long time to get an answer and that answer was no. So I used DMCALL to ask the IT department to give employees a Bulleting Board (today a Blog) so that employees could discuss internal issues or anything else that caught our attention. I never received the courtesy of a reply and of course they never set up a Bulletin Board because the control of information is critical to the abuse of power.

No comments: